- This event has passed.
Low Impact Development Basics for Water Quality Protection Workshops
May 23 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join the North Carolina Coastal Federation, North Carolina Coastal Reserve, NC State Extension, Town of Nags Head and Dare County Soil and Water for a two-day workshop on low impact development basics for water quality protection. These workshops are for real estate professionals, homeowner associations, and property owners.
Workshop Objectives – Participants will learn:
- How land use decisions impact water quality
- Low Impact Development (LID) techniques that help protect water quality
- Costs and benefits of implementing LID
- Managing stormwater control measures (SCMs) to meet state and local regulations and to maintain functionality and aesthetics
- Town of Nag Head’s efforts to manage stormwater
- Funding available to implement stormwater improvements.
This event is FREE. To view the agenda for Wednesday’s workshop please click here.
The North Carolina Coastal Federation, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in its programs or activities.